Pet Loss Support Group meets periodically from 6:30-8:00pm at the UT Veterinary Medical Center, 2407 River Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996.
Since the group meets on an ongoing basis, people may begin attending at any time and they may come as many or as few times as they find helpful. No registration is necessary to participate.
Sessions are free of charge and open to the community as well as to clients of the UT Veterinary Medical Center. They provide:
- A caring environment where people can share their varied experiences of loss and grieving with others who are having similar experiences
- A place to remember and honor the life of the animal* who has died
- An opportunity to learn additional ways of coping with the loss of an animal*
- Resources regarding issues related to pet loss
For more information, please call 865-755-8839.
*We may use the term “animal” because we respect that each of us has a unique relationship with our animal. People can consider their animals as family members, children, friends, and companions. People can also consider their animals as resources such as the farmer who stewards cattle or other live stock. People who care for animals like zoo keepers or other animal related care professionals can also become attached to the animals in their care. We respect the uniqueness of each human-animal relationship and seek to support that unique relationship in whatever way is deemed helpful.
Directions to Pet Loss Support Group:
- From Neyland Drive turn at the light onto Joe Johnson Blvd. (turn LEFT if you are coming from Kingston Pike, turn RIGHT if you are coming from James White Parkway).
- Follow the signs to the small animal hospital receiving area. The building faces the river; there are designated “Client and Visitor Parking” signs indicating where you may park.