Skip to content

Access a Veterinary Social Worker

How to access a veterinary social worker

Veterinary Social Work is available Monday-Friday from 10am until 5pm.

Your UT Veterinary Medical Center medical team may invite Veterinary Social Work to support you during your animal’s care or you can request support directly.

Dedicated Helpline:  865-755-8839

Former and current pet owners seeking help, support and/or resources can call our helpline Monday-Friday 10am to 5pm. If we are not immediately available we will return your call as soon as possible.

Animal Emergencies

If you have an immediate veterinary need, please call the UT Veterinary Medical Center at 865-974-8387.

If you need assistance with a wild animal, please call the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency at 800-332-0900.

For stray animal pickup in Knox County and non-medical animal emergencies, please call Knox County Animal Control at 865-215-2444.

Mental Health Emergencies

If at any time you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please contact the Tennessee Crisis Line at 855-274-7471.

For mental health emergencies outside the state of Tennessee, please call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255.

Non-Veterinary Emergency

If you are experiencing a non-veterinary emergency, please call: 9-1-1

The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.