Due to COVID-19, our Daytime Pet Support Group is going to be held via telehealth for the foreseeable future. We want to continue to offer you the support and understanding of our team in this time, and continue to talk about possibilities with online meetings. The schedule for the daytime group is below, and as always, if you have any questions about the online meetings, please reach out to us at the number below.
Since the group meets on an ongoing basis, people may begin attending at any time and they may come as many or as few times as they find helpful. No registration is necessary to participate.
Sessions are free of charge and open to the community as well as to clients of the UT Veterinary Medical Center. They provide:
- A caring environment where people can share their varied experiences with complex decisions about their animals
- Discussions about quality of life for family and their animals
- Discussions about balancing financial responsibilities between families and animals
- Resources regarding animal-related issues
For more information, please call 865-755-8839.
*We may use the term “animal” because we respect that each of us has a unique relationship with our animal. People can consider their animals as family members, children, friends, and companions. People can also consider their animals as resources such as the farmer who stewards cattle or other live stock. People who care for animals like zoo keepers or other animal related care professionals can also become attached to the animals in their care. We respect the uniqueness of each human-animal relationship and seek to support that unique relationship in whatever way is deemed helpful.
Directions to attend the Daytime Pet Support Group online:
- Click on this link, it will take you to our EHR to get signed in.
- You will be emailed an invitation to the session.